- This event has passed.
2018 Winter Blast
February 25, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pmCost: See pricing below
The Sixth Annual Winter Blast Half Marathon, 10k and 5k, presented in partnership by Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) and the City of Portage will be held on Sunday, February 25, 2018 (Expo Saturday, February 24). Join us in this extraordinary community celebration of health and wellness. The half marathon, 10k and 5k courses highlight the Portage Trail Way System and include a mix of mostly flat paved bike trail and roads. All courses are USAT&F certified.
All running events start and end at Portage Central High School, 8135 South Westnedge Avenue, Portage, MI 49002 on Sunday, February 25, 2017. Events will begin at 8:00am, with individual race start times to be announced. The half marathon will close registration once it attains its cap of 1,500. Cutoff time to be included in half marathon results is 3 hours, 45 minutes. Roads will be re-opened at 12:00 noon.
Awards to first place overall open, masters, grand masters, senior masters and five year age division awards three deep in all three events. Finisher medals to all half marathoners finishing within the time limit. All proceeds will support the Portage Winter Blast Half Marathon, 10k and 5k and the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR).
- October 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017: $55 KAR members, $65 Non-member friends
- January 1, 2018- February 23, 2018: $65 KAR members, $75 Non-member friends
- February 24 and 25, 2018- Late Registration: $75 KAR members, $85 Non-member friends
- The 10k and 5k Registration Fee Schedule is as follows (includes long sleeve technical shirt)
- October 1, 2017- December 31, 2017: $30 KAR members, $35 Non-member friends
- January 1, 2018- February 23, 2018: $35 KAR members, $45 Non-member friends
- February 24 and 25, 2018- Late/Race Day Registration: $40 KAR members, $45 Non-member friends