- This event has passed.
Community Music School 5K Run/Walk
April 29, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 2:00 pmCost: $15-$30
- Saturday, April 29, 2017.
- Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. 5K run/walk begins at 10 a.m. 1-mile family fun walk begins at 11.
About This Event:
- A family fun-filled day to include a Zombie themed, timed 5K run/walk and untimed 1-mile family fun walk. Come as your favorite zombie or get that special zombie look by one of our complimentary face painters. Pre and post-race CMS music themed activities as well as KCC 60th anniversary day-filled activities to include food, bounce houses, instrument petting zoo, face painting, music and more.
Come in your best Zombie look or have one of our complimentary face painters help you with this. Prize awarded for best Zombie look.
- The funds generated from the CMS 5K Zombie Run/Walk will support the Battle Creek Community Music School, a program under the nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization The Music Center. These funds will be used for, but not limited to, instruments, musical supplies and student scholarships/tuition assistance.
To learn more about the The Music Center/Community Music School and the many ways the organization provides musical education and enhances the arts in the greater Calhoun County area please visit www.yourmusiccenter.org
- Course: 5K and family fun walk to begin and end on KCC campus.
Cost to Participate:
- 5K run/walk – Early registration, by April 14, $25. ($30 after April 14).
- Family rate for 3 or more, $15 per registrant (early registration only).
- 1-mile family fun walk – Early registration per participant, by April 14, $10. ($15 after April 14).
Race Fee Includes:
Early 5k run/walk registrants will receive a chip-timed bib, a Survival Bag filled with Zombie Apocalypse necessities, a race-themed t-shirt, pre and post-race snacks and participation in all Community Music School and KCC 60th anniversary activities. Early 1-mile family fun walk registrants will receive a Survival Bag, a race-themed t-shirt, pre and post-race snacks and participation in all Community Music School and KCC 60th anniversary activities.
NOTE: Late registrants will receive Survival Bag and t-shirt while supplies last.
Early Packet Pickup:
Friday, April 28, 12:00 noon to 5:30 p.m. at the Music Center office, 450 North Ave., located in the Davidson Building on the Kellogg Community College campus.
Awards and Age Divisions:
- Overall Male and Female
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Medals for the following age categories: 14 and Under, 15 – 19, 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, 50 – 59, 60 and Over.