Saturday, June 16 8 am
Rockford High School
(4100 Kroes Street)
Please contact: Cara Zerbel
Individuals 17 and Under: $15
Individuals 18 and Over: $25
Team Challenge: $150
- 8:00am Race Start
- 8:15am Breakfast begins
About the 5k:
Meijer, Kellogg’s and Gazelle Sports have joined forces once again for the Meijer LPGA 5K Run & Walk presented by Kellogg’s. Proceeds from this event support local food pantries in our communities through Simply Give. The event is timed by Classic Race Management and will be held Saturday, June 16 in conjunction with the Meijer LPGA Classic for Simply Give. In addition to a beautiful 5k course, that starts and ends at Rockford High School, runners will enjoy a special post-race breakfast and receive complimentary access to attend the Meijer LPGA Classic for Simply Give at Blythefield Country Club. Participate as an individual or as a member of a team in the Community Challenge.
About Meijer LPGA Classic for Simply Give:
The Meijer LPGA Classic for Simply Give is a sustainable event that engages the community, Meijer vendors and partners on multiple levels with a commitment to feed the hungry through Simply Give. In 2015, the tournament donated $750,000 to local food pantries through Simply Give. To view a video recapping last year’s Meijer LPGA Classic presented by Kraft, please visit http://newsroom.meijer.com/meijer-lpga-classic-forehunger. Click here for more information about the tournament.
Community Challenge Update:
The Meijer LPGA 5K Run & Walk presented by Kellogg’s will be adding a fun and competitive Community Team Challenge with two divisions: Community & Media
o Meijer LPGA 5k Run & Walk presented by Kellogg’s: The cost to participate is $15 per person, ages 17 and under, and $25 per person, ages 18 and older. Strollers are welcome at the event. The top three runners in each age group will receive $500, $250, and $100 in Meijer gift cards, respectively.
o Team Challenge: The cost to participate is $150 per team. The top five finishers in each team will be scored.
· Community Challenge: Local corporations, community organizations, families and schools throughout Grand Rapids are encouraged to put together a team of five to 10 runners.
· Media Challenge: Meijer will donate the entry fees for up to five teams of members of the media. Each team must include five to 10 runners.
Community Team Challenge:
The Meijer LPGA 5K Run & Walk presented by Kellogg’s will be adding a fun and competitive Community Team Challenge with three divisions: corporations, media and local schools.
How does it work:
- Select a team captain and have them register your team
- Find up to 10 runners to join your team (have them sign up as individual runners and make sure they select the Community Team Challenge option when registering)
- Run your heart out at the event
- Join us for the awards ceremony at 9:30am to see how your team placed
- The top five finishers of each team (determined by age group place) will be combined for that team’s race score.
- Teams are limited to 10 runners – must have at least 5 to score
- This is a low-score-wins event (just like golf!)
- In case of a tie, the team’s next nonscoring runner with the fastest time will be used as the tie breaker.
It takes a lot of work to put on a 5k. Please consider signing up as a volunteer! Many volunteer opportunities are available. Please click the link below for a list of positions and to sign up.
2 Daily Tickets to the Meijer LPGA Classic for Simply Give
After your 5k volunteer registration is confirmed, you can pick up your two (2) Daily Admission Tickets (valid any one day) at the 5k packet pickup (June 16 or 17) or on race day (June 18). For more schedule of events and information on the Meijer LPGA Classic for Simply Give, please visit us at: www.meijerlpgaclassic.com
The Meijer LPGA Classic for Simply Give will be a sustainable event that engages the community, Meijer vendors and partners on multiple levels with a commitment to feed the hungry through Simply Give. Meijer is a family-owned retailer based in Grand Rapids, Michgan with a fundamental philosophy aimed at strengthening the communities it serves. Meijer operates 208 supercenters and grocery stores throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky, and proudly donates more than 6 percent of its net profit each year to charities throughout the Midwest. With hunger as a corporate philanthropic focus, Meijer partners with hundreds of food banks and pantries through its Simply Give and food rescue programs. Meijer also supports education, disaster relief, and health and wellness initiatives. For additional information on Meijer philanthropy, please visit www.meijer.com. Follow Meijer on Twitter @twitter.com/Meijer and @twitter.com/MeijerPR or become a fan at www.facebook.com/meijer.