We believe in giving back to the communities that we call home. This Giving Tuesday, we encourage you to join us in giving back to the local organizations that make a difference in our own communities. Need some suggestions? Here are a few of our favorite organizations:
- Kids' Food Basket - Kids' Food Basket is attacking childhood hunger by providing sack suppers to thousands of kids in West Michigan experiencing food insecurity. A healthy dinner is the first step in building healthy bodies and healthy minds.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Kalamazoo - Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Kalamazoo serves over 2000 youth each year. By providing programming related to character education, recreation, homework support, the clubs provide a safe, nurturing environment for youth in Kalamazoo.
- Helen Devos Children's Hospital - Helen DeVos Children's Hospital supports child-focused care for families and children from all over Michigan. From play-rooms and programming to volunteer mentors for parents, the children's hospital is a resource for the entire family.
- Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes - Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes provides groceries for an average of 700 individuals each day. Grown from a collection of compassionate people, the organization has become one of Kalamazoo's most valued resources for those in need.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters - Big Brothers Big Sisters is a mentorship organization that makes meaningful and mindful matches between adults and children in our communities. By fostering these relationships, Bigs helps to encourage confidence and inspire greatness in local youth.
- Girls on the Run - Girls on the Run is more than a running club: it's a character-building, confidence boosting program for girls in many of our Michigan communities. By training for a 5k, the girls learn to work together, support each other and grow in self esteem.
- No Surrender Running Club - No Surrender Running Club hosts at-risk youth from the Grand Rapids area in a training program culminating in a 10 mile run. Participants are challenged to persevere and discover a sense of accomplishment by completing the physical challenge of a long distance race.