If you've ever gone out for a run, or attended a studio class, or maybe even did a cross fit workout without the proper sports bra - you know after that one experience that you will always, without a doubt, make sure you never have to experience that again.
When we think of sports bras, we think support, but sometimes the importance of a sports bra can be overlooked until you experience a sweat sesh without the best support. You don't want the effect of your unsupported sports bra to take away from crushin' it at your next gym sesh. So we asked a few of our staff members what their favorite sports bras were for different types of workouts.
Before we start, let's begin with a Sports Bra checklist:
- Multiple bras (less laundry, right?)
- Should be able to fit no more than two fingers sideways under the band
- Straps that feel secure
- Retire all sports bras before their anniversary of purchase date
- Make sure your sports bras is set on the outermost set of hooks when you purchase it
- You should not have any gapping at the sides or top of your bra cups, but also you should not be bulging out of the sides
Best For: Running
"For running I love my Brooks Uprise Crossback sports bra. It has thinner straps that I love that don't dig in at all! It has contoured cups are lightly padded and the padding is a part of the cup meaning it doesn't move round or fall out after washes. I also love my Fiona bra for running. Unlike the Uprise the Fiona does not have straps that cross in the back but rather a more open back. The straps are adjustable which is huge! I am a mom of two as well and love this feature for nursing which causes fluctuation in my cup size to be able to adjust the strap length is amazing." - Gretchen, Birmingham