Run in it, sweat in it, live in it — then biodegrade it!
The first synthetic-blend running shirt that biodegrades like a 100% cotton tee, our Runterra Bio offers the enhanced moisture and odor control of specially-formulated 37.5® polyester with the comfort and versatility of cotton. This new, innovative fabric breaks down into organic compounds in under four years. Conventional polyester takes four hundred.
Don’t sweat it — this tee will only start to biodegrade in anaerobic (oxygen-poor) environments. It breaks down in the landfill, not in your closet.
Runterra Bio is powered by a specially formulated 37.5® polyester with enhanced biodegradation to break down into bio-based compounds in under 4 years in an oxygen-poor environment like a landfill
Made from long staple, US-grown Supima® cotton for superior softness, strength + durability
Easy to wear, casual cut with a slightly rounded back hemline
Blended with 37.5® polyester, a special technology utilizing the natural benefits of microscopic volcanic ash to provide enhanced thermal, vapor + odor regulation to maintain body comfort during activity
Wear more, wash less
The natural odor resistance of cotton is boosted by the volcanic particles which "trap" odors so you can put this top through repeated wear
Shoulder seams are rolled back off the top of the shoulders for ergonomic comfort
Hang it up
An elastic locker loop is integrated into the back neck tape for easy hanging
Shrinkage is natural
This top is made from 70% natural fibers and is not pre-shrunk so some shrinkage may occur, up to half a size
- Runterra: 70% Supima® cotton, 30% 37.5® tech polyester
- Garment made in Vietnam
- Weight: 86g / 3oz (W’s Small)
- Runterra: Lightweight, resilient, and versatile, Runterra wears like your softest cotton tee with the added benefits of active odor-resistance and thermoregulation — thanks to volcanic particles embedded within the fabric.
- Wash cold with like colors
- Machine dry low or hang dry for best results and lifespan of the garment
- Heads up — Runterra is not pre-shrunk
We have relaxed the body and slightly lengthened the sleeves of this top to accommodate for some shrinkage which may occur in the wash cycle since Runterra is made from a majority natural fiber.
- Avoid washing and drying with high heat.
- Why do biodegradable synthetics matter? While we design Janji gear to last and hold up to the demand of years of running, no tee or running shorts should last forever. With this in mind, we are researching innovative ways to improve end-of-life cycle management of our apparel. While we look into longer-term solutions and circular methods — recycle, repurpose and reuse programs — we also know that most textiles are thrown out and end up in landfills. Conventional synthetics, used heavily in active apparel for their high-performance functionality, do not biodegrade in typical landfill conditions. This includes synthetics made from recycled materials, and is why most plastic seemingly lasts forever.
- We are seeking solutions to fix this as a performance apparel company that relies on synthetics, including the use of non-ecotoxic biodegradability within our textiles like this new Runterra Bio. This is the first step on a better path forward.
- Runterra is made from premium, long-staple Supima® cotton which is 50% longer and up to 45% stronger than other cottons (and softer, too). The stronger the fiber, the more durable the garment, and therefore the more it can be worn. Supima® cotton is grown by a select few family farms that utilize advanced water and soil management techniques to reduce consumption and ensure the health of the land for optimal renewability.
- Runterra fabric is also OEKO-TEX® certified, meaning it is free from harmful chemicals and is fabricated in a way that meets a high environmental standard.
- Color: Obsidian