Welcome to Week 17! Race day will be here before you know it. This week we’re talking about race day tips. Here are some things you should keep in mind:
1. Rest your mind as well as your body. Get good sleep!
2. Eat well. Fuel yourself how you want to fuel your race.
3. Test out your race day outfit (including shoes) before the race.
4. Remember that this is just another run. At the end of the day, you’re just putting one foot in front of the other.
5. Lastly, be patient, be confident and don’t sweat the small stuff. People have a tendency to start the race faster than they should. Remember to take it easy and find your pace. This is your race, so have fun with it.
If you are still looking for a little extra motivation to get you to the finish line, think about what motivates you. You are about to accomplish something amazing and you should celebrate. When the finish line seems far away, think about that 26.2 or 13.1 magnet for your car, that Patagonia top you’ve been eyeing or that dessert/micro brew you’ve been craving. Whatever it is that motivates you, use it to your advantage on race day.